Hello to you, lovely Modern Buttercup reader. I'm Shell and I normally blog over at Kitty & Buck, but today I have the pleasure of hanging out here while Nat is off camping. I thought I'd do a Moonrise Kingdom themed camping post, since I love that movie, and it has some great looking camping scenes to draw inspiration from!
1 // Cute Orange Dress (sleeveless for summer, and it's on sale!)
2 // Knee High Socks (To protect your legs while trekking over mountains)
3 // Saddle Shoes (Good for trekking over mountains and kicking sand on the beach)
4 // Binocular Necklace (just because)
5 // Binocular T-Shirt (for when you need to remove your real binoculars for swimming or sleeping)
6 // Picnic Basket (or something to carry your kitten in)
7 // Vintage Suitcase (To carry your book collection and record player)
Now that you look fabulous, you need some light entertainment for sitting around the campfire and resting under some shady trees.
1 // Pierrot Le Fou (A great film by Jean Luc Goddard, definitely an inspiration for Moonrise Kingdom - you should watch before you go camping, no DVD players at the campsite please!)
2 // Franny and Zooey (To read by the fire)
3 // Portable Record Player (For listening to Britten and Francoise, of course)
4 // Francoise Hardy (Listen when it's time to dance by the campfire!)
5 // Benjamin Britten: The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra record
(for image credits, click on number alongside items)
Thanks so much for having me Nat, and anyone who wants to come say hi over at Kitty & Buck, I'd be really happy to see you! I love meeting new people, so come say hi :)



Nothings better than a bright orange dress for Summer. Love all the accessories too. Great guest post. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/
I really need to see that movie! Lovely mockup board. :)
ReplyDeleteBest movie in the world, after Amélie Poulin and it is, OMG, so inspirational! That post is amazingly colorful!
ReplyDeletei think i'm the only one left who hasn't seen that movie!
ReplyDeleteThanks for having me Nat! This post was so fun to create :D
ReplyDeleteShell
xo
Oh how I loved this movie. Excellent idea for a post. I NEED those saddle shoes. :)
ReplyDeletexo, Tori
http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/
great post! love those oxfords.
ReplyDeletexthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com