Missy Munday is one of the best etsy sellers I know (and definitely one of the sweetest), and an artist of all things retro and unique. She owns the shop Boopsie Daisy, and has over 2000 sales. It's an honor to have her as one of my sponsors this month and today I'd like to introduce her to you! I've done a little Q&A with Missy, and enjoyed reading all of her answers. Read below for an interview you won't want to miss!
Describe your shop to us:
Disneyland’s (inarguably deserved) slogan / motto is “The Happiest Place on Earth”. Somebody once described my shop as “The Happiest Place on Etsy – for eyeballs”
Since my biggest reason for doing what I do is to infect the planet with joy, I don’t think any other description could have made my day more than that did.It’s my hope for ‘Boopsie Mart’ that with it’s parade of candy colors, familiar retro faces & constant kooky goings-on, nobody leaves not having smiled at what they saw, better yet, if a mood was changed from bad to good, that is worth far more to me than any sale.What's your main inspiration? My main inspiration is the marriage of toys (primarily dolls) and food. Both things are universally recognized & triggers for memories of childhood & the best days of our lives. A simple trip to a grocery store can add a dozen must-take pictures to my mental list. I’m also strongly motivated by color & word play. Sometimes a new print is born first in name and then brought to fruition later on.
What's up next for your shop?
It’s always up in the air. I get side tracked too easily, so what I’m planning now may never come to pass if another idea is suddenly thought up and takes precedence. Right now I’m feeling really impatient for Halloween to get it’s sweet ass here, therefore I’m in spooky mode to try & help ease my anxious mind. That and I’m on a mermaid kick that just won’t seem to quit. There’s no time like summer for mermaids :)
How do you come up with all those doll designs? I usually make things that, as a collector myself, I wish were available to me as a buyer. If something doesn’t exist yet, I make it exist. I keep a notepad handy and jot down literally any hare brained notion or crazy concoction that comes to mind and just make it happen. Now for an odd question -- what's your favorite french macaron flavor? I can’t believe I’m even admitting to this, but I’ve never eaten a French macaroon. I’ve photographed them in Quebec, but I’ve never actually partaken of one. I would imagine my favorite kind would be any with peanut butter or cream cheese flavoring. Yum!






No comments
Post a Comment
Hello lovelies!
Thanks for taking the time to write a comment! I love hearing from my readers, and this is a great way to do just that...